Anyone that has been trying to conceive for any length of time will attest to the 2 weeks following insemination as being the longeeest 2 weeks of your life, or so they always seem.
I haven't updated much on this cycle because it's kinda been all over the place. The medication dosages were upped after each visit and it just didn't seem to be happening the way the doctor would have liked.
And when it came time to do the insemination they determined I had already ovulated. WHAT?? How does that happen when I am being monitored every other day!? The doctor decided to do the IUI anyway because they didn't want to scrap the cycle altogether and they just hoped we would catch at least the tail end of the ovulation period.
Needless to say, we are not very optimistic this month. I am currently taking progesterone until I either get my period or get a positive pregnancy test.
We shall see...My pregnancy test is scheduled for Wednesday, May 30th.
At least we have our upcoming vacation (about a week away) to look forward to if we get bad news on Wednesday...