Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

My first official Mother's Day!

I can remember all those past mothers days that we went through the motions to celebrate with my mom but our hearts were just not fully into it.  I so badly wanted to curl up in bed and not come out until Monday but knew it wouldn't be fair to my mom so we sucked it up and did it.

This Mother's Day was different.
I woke up a few times this morning to feed my pumpkin with bleary eyes and a heart so full I thought it would burst.  Once normal waking hours rolled around my hubby greeted me with coffee, breakfast and fresh squeezed orange juice.


My raspberry waffles!
 


We lounged around the house for a while  and then went to brunch with my mom and sisters.  This may sound dumb but I've always wanted to go to Mothers Day brunch.  I've seen it in movies and always thought that's what I would do if I was ever a mother.  It definitely lived up to my expectations!  Everyone enjoyed the food, champagne and most of all the company.  We all took turns passing around the baby and taking pictures...it was so sweet.

 

Later that night we went home, put the baby to bed and watched a chick flick (my choice for Mother's Day) with some wine.  My husband had been saving that wine for the longest time for when we finally got pregnant...not realizing that when I was finally pregnant I wouldn't be able to drink!  And then once I delivered I was breastfeeding so I was still unable to drink it. Turns out I stopped breastfeeding this weekend so it was the perfect opportunity to celebrate the perfect day and all of the blessings we have been given.  

The perfect ending to the perfect day.

My miracle baby holding the gorgeous necklace my husband gave me for Mother's Day. Its hard to make out but its a heart formed by the bodies of mother and child...I couldn't have asked for a more perfect gift.
 




My beautiful baby girl in her little dress looking up at her Aunt...Not sure if you can see it in the picture but my sister's finger has whipped cream on it... she was bribing the baby for smiles with whipped cream!!



Our family



And after my baby and my husband had both fallen asleep, here I was staring at the baby monitor, still in awe of how different my life is from only a year ago and just how happy I am today.
 
Daddy putting his princess to sleep...so adorable